It’s that awards show in between the Golden Globes and right before the pomp of the Oscars. The SAG Awards brings together both film and television stars, and is a great place for some fashion risks. Here are my picks for best & worst dressed 2015 SAG Awards edition.
6. Sarah Hyland can do no wrong in custom Vera Wang.
5. Keira Knightley looked gorgeous in this purple Erdem gown. Love that she’s wearing a dress by a designer with Canadian roots, and the peplum is super flattering on her growing bump.
4. Lupita Nyong’o dazzled on the red carpet in this daring Elie Saab gown. The print is so fun and I love the long sleeve, v-neck silhouette.
3. Claire Danes in gorgeous green Marc Jacobs.
2. Juliana Margulies was feeling blue in this stunning cobalt Giambattista Valli gown.
1. Camila Alves is perfection in this purple velvet Donna Karan Atelier. This silhouette was made for her feminine shape, and the rich eggplant colour elevates this whole look.
The Worst Dressed at the 2015 SAG Awards:
6. Jennifer Anniston certainly dressed for the SAG Awards in this vintage John Galliano gown. Great dress, bad cleavage. The tattoo down her chest is a bit too trendy for this cool dress, and looks like Anniston (once again) is desperate to show how youthful and “with it” she is. The dots also draw attention to the cleavage, which would have benefitted from a bit more tape for a boost.
5. Vicky Jeudy in this sparkly number. There’s just too much going on here, with rhinestones, a high slit and interesting neckline, it’s so distracting and looks like the dress is wearing her.
4. Rosamund Pike wore a Dior muumuu. A lot of people online are loving this look, but I’m impartial. She’s drowning in all that fabric, but at least it’s black. I’m also over the high-low hem trend… but at least her hair is bitchin’.
3. Andrea Riseborough wore this ho-hum mint Escada gown. The colour washes out her fair complection and the top is so wrinkly and unflattering. Her little clutch doesn’t scream high fashion either.
2. Anna Chlumsky wore this bizzare red and silver Escada gown (going 2 for 2!). The silver bodice reminds me of armour, she looks like she’s a Roman gladiator!
1. Amanda Peet wore this droopy, sloppy J Mendel gown. The bust is falling off her and the waist is hitting way too high on her body. I hate the black contrast, and the little folds that look like some body orifice… or an external belly button?
Honourable worst dressed mention goes to Lorelei Linklater (who starred in Boyhood) who wore this red carpet take on Wednesday Adams. I didn’t include her in my worst dressed round up because she’s a youngin and I’m hoping she’ll step up her game when she goes to the Oscars to support Boyhood and her director father, Richard Linklater.