My favourite part about the 2016 Emmys so far has been Jimmy Kimmel’s opening monologue, featuring Jeb Bush and Julia Louis Dreyfus… but of course, I’m here to talk fashion! Let’s get right down to the sparkles, velvet, and jewel toned gowns in my best and worst dressed 2016 Emmys roundup!
5. Claire Danes shines in this Schiaparelli golden gown. The sequins are so stunning and I love the unique neckline of this dress.
4. Kristen Bell might be petite, but the print on this Zuhair Murad gown is larger than life… and features flamingos! How could I not put it on my best-dressed list, her recent wage-gap spoof is all the more reason to LOVE her, even if you’re not a Frozen fan.
3. Tracee Ellis Ross showed us how to do white after labour day in this diaphanous Ralph Lauren gown. I love the cutout contrasted with the sheer, flowy skirt.
2. I absolutely adore Abigail Spencer’s navy gown! I can’t find the name of the designer, but I love the ruffles and sheer swiss dots on the neckline.
1. Sarah Paulson is flawless in Prada. I adore the styling of this look, the minimalist earrings combined with her fresh pixie cut are so on point.
Worst dressed 2016 Emmys
5. I wanted to love Sarah Hyland’s Monique Lhuillier get up, but I cant. If the pants were in a complimentary cream, red or green to the embroidery on the dress, I’d buy it. Right now, it looks like she ordered a dress from a sketchy website and it turns out to be a bit too short (we’ve all been there!) so she needs to wear pants under her dress.
4. I am also not a fan of Heidi Klum’s Michael Kors gown. It’s a bit too Helter Skelter – I think the spaghetti strap style is really cool and rooted in athleisure, but the one long sleeve throws off the whole aesthetic.
3. Constance Zimmer was yet another miss in Monique Lhuillier. The dress features beautiful embroidery, but all the matchy-matchy pink is just a bit too cutesy combined with the bob.
2. Amy Poehler’s dress looks like a fishing net covered in seaweed draped over her shoulders. The colour is just awful on the red carpet and on TV, but I do like the new caramel hair colour and soft waves.
1. My worst-dressed of the evening was a clear one. Anna Chlumsky wore this Neil J Rodgers designer potato sack, in a soft mauve textured brocade satin, and attached cape. I don’t even think Gigi Hadid could make this potato sack look good.