I find that there is a major gap between what woman want in lingerie and what is available in stores. Most feature so much padding and not enough support or feminine designs for larger cup sizes. Canadian plus-size retailer, Addition Elle has just released a new line of lingerie, designed to give real women sleek or sexy support. With cup sizes from C to H, this retailer brings support and sexiness to the masses. And with prices ranging from $19.99 to $49.99, they won’t break your bank either!
The Lace Embrace Contour Bra ($49.99) is a gorgeous lace number. The classic lace design brings forth images of French lingerie, but modern advancements make it comfortable. With moulded cups, padded straps and a breathable mesh lining. I love the matching hipster-style thong ($19.99), with sexy lace panels on the hip which whittles your waistline visually.
Do you find yourself constantly rearranging your straps or avoiding that sexy tee for fear of unsightly bulges? The Smooth Curves by Addition Elle is your solution! The bras are completely seamless and come in both wireless and underwire support, depending on what you prefer.
The Femme Fatale is a sexy underwire bra ($49.99) featuring lace embellishment without sacrificing comfort and support. With a matching hipster panty ($19.99) in a hot summer hue, this teal set is a sexy addition to your lingerie drawer.
The collection is modeled by plus-size model, Ashley Graham. She was the muse behind the collection and this 22-year-old, size 16 model is growing to be the premiere real-size model, having modeled for Vogue Magazine. Graham has some fashion advice to share as well, “A woman should never be afraid to show her curves! In fact, covering them up makes you look bigger than you are.”
I couldn’t agree more. The basis of a good outfit always starts with the right undergarments to enhance your body and give certain assets a lift to make your clothes fit flawlessly.
Here are some tips for finding the right size for you:
How to find the right size
1. Measure around your frame by wrapping a measuring tape snugly (but not tightly) around
the ribcage and right under your bust. Round up to an even number if necessary.
2. Measure snugly around the fullest part of your bust to determine your bust line
measurement. The cup size is determined by the difference between the bust line
measurement and the frame size.
Four tips for a perfect fit
1. Cups should wrap around the breasts in order to hold them in place. They should never
cut or flatten the breasts.
2. Underwires should rest against the rib cage and not against the breast.
3. Straps should be made from a soft, elastic fabric. For maximum comfort and perfect
hold, they should be positioned at the base of the shoulder. They should neither slip off
nor cut into the shoulders.
4. Back should remain straight and not creep up, in order to ensure optimal comfort and
proper support at all times.
Telltale signs of the wrong bra size:
– The centre of your bra does not lay flat against your breastbone
– Breast tissue spills over the cups
– Cup fabric puckers or wrinkles
– Wires poke into your breast tissue
– The back of your bra rides up
– The band cuts into your flesh
– Shoulder straps dig into, or slide off your shoulders
– You are uncomfortable
This new lingerie collection will be available in Addition Elle stores this Spring. Source: Addition Elle.