If you are shopping for the beauty addict in your life, or are looking for something to add to a gift, here are some ideas to pamper her.
Instead of just giving her wrapped packages, why not prepare your beauty gift in an equally beautiful case? I paired Caboodles’ Goddess train case, $46 at Target or Ulta, and filled it with some of my favourite products. I love the classic and sleek metal design of this case. She can use it for beauty products, or display it on a shelf.
I included Ciate’s caviar nail kit, Essie nailpolish, Quo by Orly’s Smart LED lamp to bring the nail salon to her. I also put in my favourite bubble bath, Vitabath and some fizzing bath bombs. Theorie’s Saga flat iron is another luxurious item that rounds out this deluxe beauty gift bag! While my collection was a bit over-the-top, this can be customized any way or budget, and you can even center it around lips, eyes, skincare or deck her out in a complete nail salon!
Here are some other last minute beauty must-have products this season.
1. Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette, $52, is at the top of everyone’s wish list. This time, there is a good mix of both shimmer and matte shades to create a natural and beautiful eye look. I love the rosegold packaging and its compact size as well.
2. Cult favourite brand, Oribe is a luxurious line of hair care. Oribe’s dry texturizing spray, $20, is a purse-size version of the line’s luxe dry shampoo. This one, however will do more than just mask oils and odours. The spray adds volume and body to your roots with its patented polymers. The smaller version is a good way to not break the bank, while giving a little preview of the good stuff!
3. Deborah Lippman’s She’s Always a Woman Nail Polish Set, $25, is a perfect trio of party-ready shades.
4. Guerlain’s Loose Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl, $37, is as beautifully packaged as the product itself. With a traditional applicator, this product is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, $23, is a bestselling remedy to cure chapped and dry lips, all in a pretty metal tube. The product contains natural oils and has SPF 15 to prevent more damage.
6. Travalo Classic Refillable Perfume Spray, $15, is perfect for the avid traveller. Simply fill this automizer with your signature scent, and it’s TSA approved. It’s also great to keep on hand in your purse or desk, or in your gym bag for post-workout spritzes.
7. Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System, $150, is the ultimate buy for a beauty addict. This rotating brush gently cleanses and exfoliates your skin, alleviating clogged pores, black heads and brushing away dead skin. The results are clearer, more radiant skin. This is the perfect gift to start her new beauty regimen for the new year.
8. I am gaga for Theorie’s Saga Flat Iron. With auto temperature lock, and LED control panel and an 11′ cord, this pro tool is perfect. It comes in a few colours too, so it can match her bathroom decor.
Whether you are looking for a stocking stuffer or main gift, beauty products are an easy buy for any lady who loves looking her best. While perfume might be too personal, you can’t go wrong with a universal beauty tool or fun nail colour. Sephora or Winners stock plenty of brands and special gift sets for any price range.